About Me

Dana writes songs and sings her ass off fronting the soulful, rocking Dana Fuchs Band, based in NYC. Dana and her band are currently on tour all over Europe and the USA in support of her new critically acclaimed album, "Broken Down Acoustic Sessions." Dana also stars as the rock singer "Sadie" in Julie Taymor's film "Across The Universe."

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Thank You For Holding The Thread.


Wow, I have been overwhelmed by all of the incredibly touching and inspiring notes from friends all over the world. I cannot tell you what a source of comfort it has been and I truly thank you for letting me share this experience with you all. I spent the Christmas Holiday reading your beautiful letters.

I took Don to Florida to see the family last week. My other 3 brothers, their families and my parents were all there. Being a musical family, we jammed every night ‘til the wee hours!

In fact, on Don's birthday we took over the hotel bar and he performed for a real audience for the first time in years.

It was incredibly beautiful. No talk of death, just us all enjoying being alive together. What a lesson in life death can teach us if we are open to it. Based on some of the letters I've gotten, seems many of you already know this all too well. Thank you for sharing your experiences with me.

I truly believe we are all connected and this just proves it.

Thanks again for your love.

Have a Joyful, Peaceful, Wonderful New Year.

See you all very soon.

Love,
Dana

1 comment:

Susana said...

Hi Dana!
I find your work really inspiring. Your music has given me the strengh to face some bad times the last months of 2010, the magic of music always works.
I wish you a lot of luck with your tour, and nice times with your family.
Greetings from Spain

Susana