About Me

Dana writes songs and sings her ass off fronting the soulful, rocking Dana Fuchs Band, based in NYC. Dana and her band are currently on tour all over Europe and the USA in support of her new critically acclaimed album, "Broken Down Acoustic Sessions." Dana also stars as the rock singer "Sadie" in Julie Taymor's film "Across The Universe."

Sunday, June 12, 2011

The wind of heaven blows between a horse's ears...



I finally got back on the horse and did two festivals in Denmark this weekend.   The audiences didn't know me or have any reason to care about my heavy heart, but when I braved telling them of the loss of my brother I was flooded back with love.  Thank you to the people of Denmark.  These were a strange couple of shows for me and I could not have mustered it without your heartfelt response. 
 
Today I spent my day off cycling through Copenhagen and everywhere I turned there was some beautiful flower blooming, or a lily covered lake with baby swans, ducks and geese.
 
I saw life in full force.  Then I saw my brother Don and my sister Donna as the innocent children they once were, back in the light of their true precious nature.  I felt so connected to them both in this beauty.  Don actually spoke to me in a dream here in Copenhagen.  He spoke so fast and excitedly that I couldn't make out a single word.  Upon awakening, I was overcome with chills and a smile.  It felt good and it was good.  Thanks to all of you  for the gift of your caring and support over these past few weeks.  It would surely be a lonely road without you all.  I hope to see many of you on July 7th in Tarrytown NY to celebrate Don's life, love and music.  
Denmark, I will see you again in a couple of weeks!  
Until then...
 
Love and Gratitude, 
Dana

10 comments:

zul169 said...

Dana like you have said about buddism we don't die we move on to greener pastures with beautiful landscape that God has created for us to retire to or that is where I plan to go, Thank you & God Bless you and everyone with you Jersey Don

zul169 said...

Dana like you have said about buddism we don't die we move on to greener pastures with beautiful landscape that God has created for us to retire to or that is where I plan to go, Thank you & God Bless you and everyone with you Jersey Don

Anonymous said...

Dear Dana ~ they will always be with you! Like you said, in the flowers, the beauty of nature, a smell, a sound .... you'll be enveloped in their love & have it with you, always!

Nancy said...

Hi Dana,
I lost my brother, also. This haiku keeps me hopeful, and I hope it does for you, too.

The Temple Bell
The temple bell stops
but the sound keeps coming
out of the flowers.

Basho

danastray said...

The Sun Is New

The sun breaks through the morning mist,
Our eyes the golden beams will kiss...
Bathing us in warmth and light,
To wash our souls and shed the night...

The paths we choose are ever changing,
And constantly we are rearranging...
For the river of life may twist and turn,
And therefore we must dare to learn...

On many roads you may lose your way,
But just give hope a place to stay...
For in your mind you'll hear me say,
“The sun is new, each and every day!”

As Kings will surely lose their crowns,
And loneliness might bring you down...
It's love that takes you to the place,
Where you will find your saving grace...

This fire burns inside your soul,
And draws you towards your higher goal...
So seek the truth ~ and your spiritual health,
It's up to you to find yourself...

On many roads you may lose your way,
But just give hope a place to stay...
For in your mind you'll hear me say,
“The sun is new, each and every day!”

Words by Dana Wilcox

danastray said...

The Sun Is New

The sun breaks through the morning mist,
Our eyes the golden beams will kiss...
Bathing us in warmth and light,
To wash our souls and shed the night...

The paths we choose are ever changing,
And often in need of rearranging...
For the river of life may twist and turn,
And therefore we must strive to learn...

On many roads you may lose your way,
But just give hope a place to stay...
For in your mind you'll hear me say,
“The sun is new, each and every day!”

As Kings will surely lose their crowns,
And loneliness might bring you down...
It's love that takes you to the place,
Where you will find your saving grace...

This fire burns inside your soul,
And draws you towards this higher goal...
So seek the truth ~ find your inner peace,
And your light will shine in sweet release...

On many roads you may lose your way,
But just give hope a place to stay...
For in your mind you'll hear me say,
“The sun is new, each and every day!”

Words by Dana Wilcox

danastray said...

Hi Dana, well I didn't mean to post both versions...oh well, hope you like it at any rate. Your pics are beautiful, what a lovely place to be in your time of healing. Wish I was traveling in Europe too! Hopefully these experiences and "precious moments in time" will help bring some inner peace and a sense of well being back in your life. You definitely deserve it!
Take care and cheers! Dana W.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana,

I just heard about Don.
I'm sorry, Darlin.
I know it's tough.
Words seem hollow and a poor reprieve for that empty feeling, I know.

We are all still traveling together, though - carnate or not - we are all migrating souls, together.

Much Love and Care from Seattle,
Dana

Ken H said...

See you in Notodden in August. Just got my tickets for the Saturday show. Let it be a butt-kicking show!

Robert J. Cella said...

Dana,
I was reading your blog posts about Don... I saw you in Thunder Bay recently and you dedicated a song to him & one to your sister... it was very touching to see as I think everyone could tell the emotions there are still raw because you choked up when speaking of him especially. I'm not an overly religious person but I think a persons spirit lives on with those that loved him/her. And I like to believe we go to some "better place" when we leave these lives... in that, I think both of them are smiling down on you with love & pride when you decicate the songs to their memory and sing with such passion the way you do. Take care...

Rob